Personal attacks continue: Full text of Vishal Sikka’s resignation letter

” The distractions that we have seen, the constant drumbeat of the same issues over and over again, while ignoring and undermining the good work that has been done, take the excitement and passion out

1492106238-3166

Vishal Sikka has resigned as managing director and chief executive of Infosys with immediate effect.

U B Pravin Rao has been appointed as interim-managing director and chief executive, India’s no. 2 software services exporter said in a statement.

Sikka has now been appointed as executive vice-chairman.

Here’s the full text of Vishal Sikka’s resignation letter.

Over the last few days, since our earlier call, I’ve met Sesh several times, talked to you individually at length, and spent time thinking things thru with Vandana. During this time, one of our employees, Sandeep Karamongikar, died in his sleep, likely of a massive heart attack. He was working on the chatbot frontend in Nia. Also over the weekend, in possibly the greatest demonstration of AI capability ever, a bot built by the researchers at OpenAI (yes, that OpenAI), defeated the world’s best players of DOTA2, a multiplayer online video game, a game where the bot learned to play entirely from scratch. Further demonstrating that the force to automate routine, even advanced, activities is an unstoppable and exponential one. And the Charlottesville incident here in the US demonstrated once again the power of words and silences to cause real damage, or to heal. Read More

Also Read:

Vishal Sikka quits as Infosys CEO, citing distractions and personal attacks

Vishal Sikka quits as Infosys CEO: Hits and misses of his 3-year journey

Vishal Sikka resigns as MD & CEO of Infosys with immediate effect

Maratha morcha: Lakhs expected to attend protest march in Mumbai today

To seek reservations in jobs and education for the Maratha community

599764-maratha-morcha-sudhir

Latest Current Affairs : Lakhs of people from across Maharashtra are expected to attend a protest march in Mumbai on Wednesday, seeking reservations in jobs and education for the Maratha community.

This will be the 58th — and the largest-protest march of the Maratha community, exactly a year after the first march was held in Aurangabad, the organisers told reporters in Mumbai.

So far, 57 protests, in the form of ‘Mook Morcha’ (silent rallies), have been held in various parts of the state following the brutal rape and murder of a 14-year-old Maratha girl in Kopardi in Ahmednagar district in July 2016.

On Wednesday, the Maratha Kranti Morcha will begin at 11 am from the BMC’s Jijamata Udyan and culminate at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai, the organisers said.

Social media platforms like Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter have been used to spread the morcha message to community members, they said.

The JJ flyover will be closed for traffic on Wednesday in view of the morcha, police said.

Schools in south Mumbai will remain closed tomorrow as a precautionary measure, an official said.

The silent protest is a peaceful way to pres the demand for reservation in jobs and educational institutions and punishment for culprits in the Kopardi case, the organisers said.

Their other demands include Amendment in SC, ST (Prevention of Atrocities Act) to stop its misuse, loan waiver to curb farmer suicides, and remunerative prices for agricultural produce.

The morcha has been organised by the Sakal Maratha Samaj, an umbrella organisation of several Maratha groups.

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) is planning to use the Bombay Gymkhana ground adjacent to the Azad Maidan, to handle the large number of people expected to participate in tomorrow’s morcha, an official said.

BMC commissioner Ajoy Mehta and Commissioner of Police Datta Padsalgikar had met last week to discuss preparations and necessary arrangements from a security point of view, he said.

Presidential polls result today: Counting from 11 am, result out by 5 pm

Ram Nath Kovind has a distinct advantage over his rival Meira Kumar

1500268985-0056

Politics News : Counting of the votes cast to decide who will be India’s new President will begin on Thursday from 11 am. The result will decide the fate of the two contenders — the ruling NDA’s candidate Ram Nath Kovind, who has a clear edge, and the combined Opposition nominee Meira Kumar.

The candidate who secures at least one vote more than 50 per cent of the total votes will become India’s 14th President and enter the Rashtrapati Bhavan.

The final result of the presidential election 2017 is expected to be out by 5 pm today.

Officials said that all preparations have been made for the vote count and that all ballot boxes had already reached Parliament House by Tuesday evening amid tight security.

Also Read : Presidential election 2017 India: Kovind or Meira Kumar, who will be the next Rashtrapati?

They said the counting would begin at 11 am simultaneously across four tables. There will be eight rounds of counting and announcements made after every round.

Polling to choose the successor to President Pranab Mukherjee, who demits office on July 24, was held simultaneously at 32 polling stations — one in Parliament House and one each in the 29 state Assemblies and two Union Territories with Assemblies.

Lok Sabha Secretary General Anoop Mishra is the Returning Officer for the election and will issue the certificate to the winning candidate.

Officials said the seals of the ballot boxes will be opened on Thursday in the presence of representatives of the two candidates – former Bihar Governor Kovind and former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar – and the observers of the Election Commission.

In Monday’s polling, several states registered 100 per cent turnout. The overall poll percentage was pegged at 99.41 per cent. A total of 776 members of Parliament and 4,120 legislators were eligible to cast votes.

Kovind has the advantage

Read Full Story >>>

Woman can show face only to her husband: Muslim cleric on Pathan’s selfie

He said women can also show face in cases involving law related things such as aadhaar or pan card

1500435741-2864

Following Indian cricketer Irfan Pathan Wife post on social media, where he is seen with his wife, the all-rounder has received massive backlash especially from religious leaders, who claim what he did was against Islamic law.

Calling it ‘un-Islamic’, Maulana Sajid Rashidi said that Irfan Pathan’s background is very religious as his father was a muezzin, and so posting his wife’s picture on social media is a shameful act.

Latest Current Affairs : “A woman can show her face only to her husband and in cases involving law related things such as aadhaar or pan card, only then can she show her face,” he added.

He also said that it is due to his religious background that people started “reminding” him about his religion, and that this was not a troll.

Calling the act shameful, Sajid Rashidi said, “His wife isn’t an actor that she somehow comes in front of the camera, she is a home maker and hence uploading her pictures like that is a shameful act.”

He further advised the cricketer to not do anything that is not allowed in Islam.

“Right to freedom is only according to the Indian constitution, what I am telling is the Islamic law and Islamic law doesn’t allow this,” he added.

He said that people on social media are merely telling him that doing this is wrong and asked why does Irfan Pathan need to post pictures of his wife.

“There are so many people who are watching his wife’s picture and also nail-polish is visible in the picture, and if nail-polish has been applied, one can’t read namaz and if one does not read namaz, what kind of Muslim are they?” he added.

The controversy started when the Indian cricketer posted a picture with his wife on social networking sites, Instagram and Facebook, and people started trolling him.

He captioned the picture saying ‘this girl is trouble’, where his wife can be seen in a hijab, comically covering her face with both her hands which sported brightly painted red nails.

Not allowed to speak in Rajya Sabha, Mayawati threatens to resign

The BSP supremo was speaking about the Saharanpur anti-Dalit violence in the Upper House

1489244821-6753

Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Mayawati News on Tuesday said she will resign from the Rajya Sabha after being asked to wrap up her impromptu speech on the Saharanpur anti-Dalit violence in the Upper House of the Parliament.

“I will resign right away. I will come back and give my resignation,” she said and walked out of the House.

Politics News : The Congress walked out of the Rajya Sabha after Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had got a mandate to rule, as BSP supremo Mayawati vociferously spoke against atrocities on Dalits and minorities in Uttar Pradesh and demanded a discussion on the issue.

Leader of Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad took objection to Naqvi’s remarks, saying the BJP had got a mandate to protect the poor, farmers, minorities, and Dalits.

“When Mayawati tried to talk, she was told that we have got the mandate. We did not know the BJP has got the mandate for the massacre of minorities and Dalits. We are not with this government,” an angry Azad said and walked out of the House.

Other Congress members followed their leader.

Earlier, there was a din in the House as Mayawati spoke about “atrocities on Dalits” in Saharanpur of Uttar Pradesh.

She said “casteism and capitalism” have grown all over the country, particularly in the BJP-ruled states, after the BJP came to power at the Centre.

The BSP chief alleged that Dalits were being targeted and sought the attention of the House over the issue.

UK cancels ‘Burhan Wani Day’ rally in Birmingham City after India protests

Wani was killed in an encounter with Indian security forces in Jammu and Kashmir on July 8, 2016

1468047014-3113

The Birmingham City Council has been forced to withdraw permission granted to the organisers of a rally titled “Burhan Wani Day” to mark the first death anniversary of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militant/terrorist Burhan Wani here after India lodged a strong protest over the same.

Current Affairs : Burhan Wani was killed in an encounter with Indian security forces in the Tral region of Jammu and Kashmir on July 8, 2016.

The United Kingdom has a long memory of terror attacks. For more than 30 years from the early 1970s, the Irish Republican Army (IRA), a paramilitary group, carried out multiple attacks across the UK.

The deadliest were the Birmingham pub bombings of 1974, when 21 were killed. In 1996, the IRA detonated a massive 1500-kilogram (3300-pound) bomb in a Manchester shopping center that injured more than 200 and was not far from this year’s terror attack in the Manchester Arena that claimed the lives of 23 adults and children and left 250 injured, 59 of whom were taken to hospital. Twenty three of these 59 had to be classified as critically injured.

For more than a decade, Islamist terrorism has overtaken Irish Republicanism as the key threat for British security services. On July 7 2005, a cell of four British Muslim suicide bombers inspired by al Qaeda detonated devices on the London transit network, killing 52.

Since 2005, successive British governments have warned the public to be on alert for terror attacks, elevating the threat level to “severe”, the second highest alert.

The UK’s MI5 has thwarted dozens of terrorist plots, mainly involving British-born would-be attackers, the latest of which took place on March 22, 2017 in the vicinity of the Palace of Westminster in London, seat of the British Parliament. Read Full Story >>>

Modi in Israel: PM gifts two sets of relics from Kerala to Netanyahu

The relics include sets of copper plates that are believed to have been inscribed in 9-10th century

1499240909-5919

Current Affairs : Prime Minister Narendra Modi has gifted his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu replicas of two sets of relics from Kerala, regarded as key artefacts of the long Jewish history in India.

Modi, who arrived in Tel Aviv, Israel on July 6 for a three-day visit, presented the relics to Netanyahu at his home.

They comprise two different sets of copper plates that are believed to have been inscribed in 9-10th Century, the Prime Minister’s Office said.

The first set of copper plates is a cherished relic for the Cochin Jews in India. It is regarded as a charter describing the grant of hereditary royal privileges and prerogatives by the Hindu King, Cheraman Perumal (often identified as Bhaskara Ravi Varma) to the Jewish leader Joseph Rabban. Read Full Story